Welcome to the Ukrainian Shakespeare Portal!
Ukrainian Shakespeare Portal is a scientific initiative of the The Laboratory for Renaissance Studies (Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine),
which is a joint project of the Institute of Literature named after T.G. Shevchenko of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine (Kyiv,
Ukraine) and Classic Private University (Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine). This site is the first attempt of the multimedia
presentation of Ukrainian Shakespeareana.
Our main aims are to:
- initiate research projects and stimulate all kinds of intellectual and
cultural activity in the field of Shakespeare Studies;
- disseminate information about Shakespeare Studies in Ukraine;
- create an extensive database and a dynamic system for the exchange of information;
- popularize Ukrainian translations of the masterpieces of Shakespeare.
On our site you will find articles on:
- historical and cultural context, in which Shakespeare created his masterpieces;
- canonical biograhy of Shakespeare and the authorship problem;
- leading research projects in the field of Ukrainian Shakespeare studies;
- reception of the Shakespeare’s canon in the fields of theatre, cinematography, literature, music and fine arts.
In the section “Renesansni Studii” you’ll be able to familiarize yourself with the contents of the 11 published issues of the
journal “Renesansni Studii”, founded by The Laboratory for Renaissance Studies (Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine) in 1997. The journal
includes articles on controversial aspects of Renaissance literature and reviews.
It has been officially recognized at the highest level in our country.
The administration of the site is greatly interested in any form of cooperation with scholars,
translators and Shakespeare enthusiasts. We are looking forward to your responses and proposals.