”вага! «авданн€ першого туру!
Ўановн≥ учасники конкурсу ЂЎексп≥р≥ада 2011ї!
“ут ¬и можете знайти завданн€ першого туру, €ке включаЇ тестов≥ запитанн€ англ≥йською мовою на тему ЂЅ≥ограф≥€ ≥ творч≥сть ¬.Ўексп≥раї.
¬≥дпов≥д≥, а також в≥домост≥ про автора конкурсноњ роботи (ѕ≤Ѕ, назва навчального закладу, контактн≥ телефони, e-mail) сл≥д над≥слати до 1 березн€ 2011 року на e-mail: email@example.com. ¬ пол≥ Ђ“ема листаї просимо ¬ас вказувати ЂЎексп≥р≥ада 2011ї.
1. The years of William ShakespeareТs life were:
2. When is Shakespeare's birthday traditionally celebrated?
a) April 23d
b) April 1st
c) April 15th
3. How did scholars find out the date of ShakespeareТs birthday?
а) They used his baptismal record (church records)
b) They relied upon ShakespeareТs biographers
c) They explored ShakespeareТs will
4. Where was he born?
а) In London
b) In Oxford
c) In Stratford-upon-Avon
5. What was ShakespeareТs father?
а) He was a potter
b) He was a glover
c) He was an actor
6. Where did William Shakespeare get his education?
а) At the Grammar School in Stratford-upon-Avon
b) At the Oxford University
c) At the Wittenberg University
7. When did Shakespeare get married?
а) At the age of 18
b) At the age of 20
c) At the age of 26
8. What was his wifeТs name?
а) Anne Morgan
b) Anne Vavasour
c) Anne Hathaway
9. How many children did Shakespeare have?
10. Which theatre was he a part-owner of?
a) The Globe
b) The Curtain
c) The Swan
11. In 1613 the Globe Theatre that William Shakespeare is commonly associated with was destroyed by:
b) shake of an earthquake
12. ShakespeareТs first printed book contained:
13. In which of ShakespeareТs plays do the events take place in the Elsinore Castle?
а) УKing LearФ
c) УRichard IIФ
14. Which of these characters does not appear in УHamletФ?
15. Where did Hamlet study?
а) In London
b) In Copenhagen
c) In Wittenberg
16. What was the name of HamletТs father?
17. Who among the characters of УHamletФ said the words: УFrailty, thy name is woman!Ф
18. What do the words Уto be, or not to beФ mean in the play?
a) To speak or not to speak
b) To love or not to love
c) To live or not to live
19. Whom did Hamlet mention at the end of his soliloquy УTo be, or not to beЕФ?
c) His father
20. What was the name of Prince of Norway in УHamletФ?
21. How did Gertrude die?
а) It was a suicide
b) She was murdered by Fortinbras
c) She drank poisoned wine
22. Who appeared to be the sly betrayer in the tragedy УKing LearФ?
23. What was the name of King LearТs second daughter?
24. What helped King Lear recover after his madness?
b) Encounter with his faithful friends
25. In which tragedy Уthe foolФ plays a very important role?
а) УKing LearФ
c) УRomeo and JulietФ
26. What is the name of the mean and base slanderer in the tragedy УOthelloФ?
27. Which object caused the tragic resolution in the tragedy УOthelloФ?
a) A ring
b) A kerchief
c) A cup
28. What colour are the eyes of jealousy according to Iago from the tragedy УOthelloФ?
29. Where do the events take place in the tragedy УMacbethФ?
а) In England
b) In Ireland
c) In Scotland
30. Which of these characters does not appear in УRomeo and JulietФ?
b) Friar Laurence
31. Where does the tragic resolution in УRomeo and JulietФ take place?
а) In Mantua
b) In Verona
c) In Rome
32. What was the name of the girl with whom Romeo was in love at the beginning of the play?
33. Why didnТt Romeo learn about the secret plan of Juliet and Friar Laurence?
а) Because of the Friar LaurenceТs fatal mistake
b) Because of the MontagueТs intrigues
c) Because of the epidemic of plague
34. Who is the main character of the comedy УThe Taming of the ShrewФ?
35. How many poems are there in the sonnet collection of William Shakespeare?
36. Who was the first to translate the complete sonnets by W.Shakespeare in Russia?
а) Boris Pasternak
b) Samuil Marshak
c) Valery Bryusov
37. Which of the Ukrainian poets and interpreters translated all ShakespeareТs Sonnets?
а) Ivan Franko
b) Dmytro Palamarchuk
c) ћaksym RylТsТky
38. WhatТs the title of W.ShakespeareТs poem about the love of the goddess Venus for the young hunter?
а) УVenus and AdonisФ
b) УVenus and ActaeonФ
c) УVenus and CupidФ
39. This thing is the essential semantic component of the charactersТ names in the comedies УLoveТs LabourТs LostФ and УAs You Like ItФ. ItТs also included as a part of the name of a minor character in УRomeo and JulietФ (this character is mentioned but not present in the play). ItТs often used as a symbol (a metaphor) of youth and beauty in many Renaissance works. What is this thing?
a) The sun
b) A rose
c) A star
40. Fairy king and queen are the main characters of the comedy:
а) УA Midsummer Night's DreamФ
b) УThe Comedy of ErrorsФ
c) УTwelfth Night, or What You WillФ
41. Complete this famous and oft-quoted line from Shakespeare's pastoral comedy УAs You Like ItФ: УAll the world'sЕ
43. Queen Elizabeth I is a character of the history play named:
а) УRichard IIIФ
b) УHenry VIIIФ
c) УElizabeth IФ
44. Which of the Russian writers considered William Shakespeare to be a terrible dramatist and after having read his works felt irresistible repulsion, exhaustion and bewilderment?
а) Leo Tolstoy
b) Ivan Turgenev
c) Fyodor Dostoyevsky
45. Which tragedy was interpreted through the prism of the Oedipus-Complex theory?
b) УKing LearФ
c) У HamletФ
46. The Folger Shakespeare Library is situated in:
а) the USA
b) Great Britain
47. Which item did Shakespeare bequeath to his wife?
a) The manuscripts of his works
b) The second-best bed
c) His broad silver gilt bole
48. Who was the monarch of England when Shakespeare died?
а) Elisabeth I
b) James I
c) Charles I
49. Where was Shakespeare buried?
а) In the Westminster Abbey
b) In the Holy Trinity Church in Stratford
c) On the cemetery in Stratford
50. Which of these phrases is written on Shakespeare's gravestone?
а) УThe game is upФ
b) УCurst be he that moves my bonesФ
c) УLike as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their endФ
|„ерн€к ё. ќсновн≥ стратег≥њ попул€ризац≥њ творчост≥ Ўексп≥ра у молод≥жному середовищ≥|